• The Affordable Care Act contains over two thousand pages of reforms to the insurance industry and the health care industry in order to cut healthcare costs and to provideaffordable health insurance to all Americans.
• There are around 44 million Americans who currently are unable to get health insurance. What Obamacare does is help these individuals to get health insurance through expanding Medicaid and Medicare and offering assistance to Americans who cannot currently afford healthcare.
When Obamacare starts to take effect, the drchrono team will be here to help, getting physicians paid through Medicare and Medicaid reimbursements for the self insured.
What Does Obamacare Do? Below are some aspects –
• Obamacare provides insurance to millions of low-income and middle-income Americans by providing discounts on state or federal run health insurance exchanges. Find out exactly what the Health Insurance Exchange is and how it works.
• Although the Affordable Care Act was signed into law in 2010, the health care reforms it provides roll out year by year until 2022. Many of the biggest reforms don’t kick in until 2014.
• Obamacare guarantees that Health Care is available to any legal U.S. resident who cannot otherwise obtain “good” healthcare through their employer. Your access to health care is no longer in the hands of health insurance companies.
• Gives American Employers with over 50 employees the choice between providing insurance that meets the standards of Obamacare or paying a penalty. This penalty helps to offset the cost of employees who aren’t covered through their employer to purchase insurance through the public health insurance exchanges instead of using emergency services.
• Employers with less than 25 employees may qualify for tax credits, tax breaks and other assistance for insuringemployees.
• Unless you make over $200k individual / $250k as a family or small business you are exempt from the 3.8% unearned income and .9% Medicare tax increase.
• Obamacare requires that all Americans have health insurance either through a private provider or through a state or federal assisted program. If you don’t have insurance you must pay a tax equal to 1% of your income in 2014 and 2.5% in 2016.
• Obamacare isn’t a mandate, it’s a tax (you can opt out and pay a tax if you don’t want health insurance). What Obamacare does do is give Americans the option to be covered regardless of income or preexisting conditions and preventsinsurance companies from dropping their insurance when they are sick.
• Obamacare for America Plan aims to reform the healthcare industry by cutting out waste, reallocating where government funding goes, fixing what doesn’t work and most of all ensuring healthcare for Americans.