Google just released Pages for business in its Google+ social network.
There are a number of benfits to having a Google+ page for your medical practice, many are the same reasons for having Pages on facebook.
- Direct connection to Googles search engine Through the use of the “+1” button, Google has tied Google+ directly to its search. There is also a feature currently under experimentation called “Direct Connect” that will allow searchers to find Google+ business pages directly from search.
- Better audience segmentation Google+ circles gives businesses a better way to segment audiences, which means messaging can become more relevant and timely.
- Face-to-face connection with patients, employees, and the world The live, streaming video component of the platform, Hangouts, enables businesses to create live, virtual face-to-face connections with potential patients and others.
So how do you create a Google+ Page?
- Go to the Google+ Business Page and click the blue “Create Your Google+ Page” button
- Pick a relevant business category and add your information. The categories to choose from are: “Local Business or Place,” “Product or Brand,” “Company, Institution or Organization,” “Arts, Entertainment or Sports,” and “Other.”
- Add a tagline, upload a profile banner, click the “Continue” button and your page is created.